[Nix-dev] How to buildEnv with pathname-conflicting packages?

benley at gmail.com benley at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 01:23:34 CEST 2015

In that case, you can simply set priorities on the packages you want to
control.  There are some helper functions for that, so you can have
something like:

with import <nixpkgs> {};
buildEnv {
  name = "myEnv";
  ignoreCollisions = true;
  paths = [
    (lib.lowPrio coreutils)
    procps
  ];
}

(that's what I use to keep coreutils and procps from fighting over 'kill'
and a few other things)