[Nix-dev] Did services become pure?

Manuel Pages amarr.industrial at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 11:31:26 CEST 2015

Greetings, I have a problem I don't know how to debug.
I'm on unstable-small channel and face the following problem —
without services that do Filesystem IO, system upgrade from
the state of NixOS of a couple of months ago to actual worked.
However on boxes that use postfix or something like

```
{ ... }:
{
  services.cron = {
    enable = true;
    cronFiles = [ "/root/cron.conf" ];
  };
}
```

I started to get Permission denied errors, even though /root/cron.conf
not only exists, but is also world-readable (analogically, master.lock in
case of postfix is RW for root).

Did services lately became pure? I have been using those configs for
more than a year now and they used to work flawlessly :(

Any feedback on at least where to look for changes / possible causes
is *highly* appreciated.