[Nix-dev] problem with hydra rewriting derivations

Eric Rasmussen ericrasmussen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 00:49:20 CEST 2015

Hello,

I am running into an issue with my hydra instance where it is rewriting the
default.nix file for a channel I created.

It'sreplacing the derivations with "fake" derivations using this logic:

https://github.com/NixOS/hydra/blob/master/src/lib/Hydra/View/NixExprs.pm#L34-L51

This is a problem because I need to access the .override attribute of some
of the packages, and the "fake" derivation doesn't allow for overrides.

How can I get hydra to not rewrite my package definitions?

Also if it's relevant, my release.nix is:

{mypkgs, system}:

let
  jobs = import mypkgs { };
in
  jobs

Where mypkgs/default.nix contains several standard derivations. Also note
that I can use nix-env -f mypkgs/ and install with overrides as expected,
so my default.nix file is fine on its own. It's only the rewritten version
installed via my hydra channel that removes that ability.

Thanks!
Eric