[Nix-dev] NixCon 2015: Early Bird reminder and short status update

Rok Garbas rok at garbas.si
Wed Aug 26 22:26:45 CEST 2015

|                       !Important!                              |
| Early Bird tickets are only available until end of the August. |
|                  That is in just 5 days.                       |
|            http://conf.nixos.org/tickets.html                  |

Since we open ticket sale, ~4 weeks ago, many things happen .
We thought you would appreciate a short update on NixCon.

Tickets
-------

28 tickets sold. One third of them being "Generous". Thank you! Hugs!

Earned 1576.00EUR from ticket sales when we remove all the fees and taxes we
end up with 1165.00EUR.

What will be the price of tickets be after Early Bird?

  As you see we could not offer lower the price of ticket as we did in Early
  Bird period. I hope with this we made it possible for everyone to come to
  NixCon.

  Price for Regular tickets, after Early Bird, is going to be 90.00EUR.

  Therefore go and catch Early Birld
    http://conf.nixos.org/tickets.html

Talks
-----

5 talk proposals submitted.

You can submit your talk (and update it later until the deadline).
  http://conf.nixos.org/submit-a-talk.html

Deadline for this is September 15th.
Do not worry we will remind you few times until then.

Nix newbie? Let community know what would you like to hear from Nix experts.
We will help you spread the word.
  http://nixcon.useresponse.com

Will talks be recorded?

  We hope so and we will do our best that this happens.

  But the quality of the video coverage largely depends on sponsor's donations.
  As you can see (http://conf.nixos.org/sponsorship-prospectus.html) video
  coverage is high on the list of things we want at NixCon.

Sponsors
--------

1st sponsor confirmed. With first sponsor confirmed we can now announce that
ticket for speakers are going to be covered.

Majority of potential sponsors contacted, but due to vacations we are still
waiting on responses from many of them.

Help us! Contact your CEO/CTO and try to convince them to sponsor NixCon.
  http://conf.nixos.org/sponsorship-prospectus.html

Venue
-----

Many potential venues visited, decision was made. Waiting to sign the
contract before we announce it.

Expect announcement in the first week of September (next week).

Budget
------

We believe every community that deals with money needs to be as transparent
as possible, that is why we are keeping all our budget open.

  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kIwsyG6U1U3MTKJOP8jVM_Zj1JuvyJbjXNoLFmNaP9I/edit?usp=sharing

Other
-----

All organization is going well and - surprisingly - by the schedule.

Keep in mind that this is the first NixCon and we started organizing it with
no budget. Many things will go wrong and some things wont be as perfect as
they can be. But in order NixOS community to continue growing at current pace,
meeting on the same location will definitely help or it will be a lot of fun.

Thank you and I hope to see you in Berlin in November!

-- NixCon team, http://conf.nixos.org/