[Nix-dev] Jar files

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 17:26:12 CEST 2015

I was actually thinking in relation to Alois' question earlier on this
list. There are jars that bundle (protoc) binaries in them, and I've always
thought it would be nicer if we could just call out to the actual protoc
package in Nix.

The -0 idea would probably work for now, as I don't think the compression
actually buys us much. The other thing sounds cool, but probably hard :)

On Fri, Aug 28, 2015 at 11:17 AM, Eelco Dolstra <eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com