[Nix-dev] NixOS installation on multi-boot system with GRUB

Joel Moberg joel.moberg at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 08:25:56 CEST 2015

I think you can use chain-loading. Then two GRUBs will be installed, one
will load the other. See this example for the config option in NixOS
http://hydra.nixos.org/build/25232900/download/2/nixos/options.html#opt-boot.loader.grub.extraEntries.
And here is GRUBs manual about it
https://www.gnu.org/software/grub/manual/html_node/Chain_002dloading.html.

This is exactly what iyzsong suggested. If you installed NixOS you edit
/etc/nixos/configuration.nix.