[Nix-dev] Trouble packaging llvmlite, Python bindings for LLVM

Freddy Rietdijk freddyrietdijk at fridh.nl
Sun Aug 30 10:56:53 CEST 2015

Dear Nixers,

In the last couple of weeks I've been packaging a bunch of Python packages,
mostly packages that I use for my research. There is one package though (or
in fact, two), that I can't seem to build correctly: llvmlite and numba.
The first is a Python binding to LLVM, and the other is a JIT that uses the
binding.

llvmlite can be build, but unfortunately segfaults. I don't know too much
about compiling, let alone compilers. I was able to build a working version
on Debian though.

If you could have a look at it, I would very much appreciate it:
https://github.com/NixOS/nixpkgs/pull/9516
and a direct link to the build log:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/archive.travis-ci.org/jobs/77894848/log.txt
I would be very hapy to get these working, since then I could finally
switch to NixOS on my main machine.

Kind regards,

Frederik