[Nix-dev] NixOS Postfix service module config: whyemptylocal_recipient_maps value?

Michael Raskin 7c6f434c at mail.ru
Thu Jan 1 21:46:04 CET 2015

>What's the policy on changing modules created by other people? I didn't see

Well, as I am currently running something that is based on NixPkgs but
not exactly NixOS, you would be correct if you declare the module
unmaintained.

>any information on it in any of the stuff on the web site. I know I'll have
>to submit a pull request and all, but are there any conventions on what
>sorts of changes are / aren't accepted?

I think you have to explain rationale for big changes (not applicable
here), and if you change some default behaviour, it is often a good idea
to allow to switch it back easily (via configuration).

Also, if your PR is ignored for some time, it may be a good idea to find
out whom to ping.