[Nix-dev] VMware Guest Tools

Tinker tinkerthaler at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:41:30 CET 2015

> On 06 Jan 2015, at 12:55, v.volle <v.volle at computer.org> wrote:
>
> @Brandon Martin: How did you mount the VMWare Tools CD. I always get:
> “VMWare Tools is not available for this guest” (I chose "Linux Other 3.x Kernel 64 Bit”)
>
> Or did you download the VMWare tools?
>
> I would be interested as well in installing the VMWare tools into NixOS on VMWare Fusion

Mount your linux.iso disk in NixOS.
sudo mount /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom

Should be something like

$ ls
manifest.txt  run_upgrader.sh  VMwareTools-9.9.0-2304977.tar.gz  vmware-tools-upgrader-32  vmware-tools-upgrader-64

Before you can install them you’ll need to do some tweaks (see thread about [Nix-dev] VMware Guest Tools). I’ve planned to give it a try but haven’t gotten around it yet.