[Nix-dev] Decision Procedures (was: PR [member] label)

Luca Bruno lethalman88 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 19 02:03:28 CET 2015

The problem about being cheap and yet being thought is because basically we
don't have a policy. For example the recent issue about nginx with Restart
and RestartSec. What should be the default Restart for our services?
RestartSec? Should they wait for network or not?
Ecc.

I'd ask everybody about taking a breath and think about a kind of policy,
or a kind of process for which we set valid defaults in our codebase and
never think about it again.
Not to be anything bureaucratic, just have some defined default. That would
greatly increase the review process for everyone by removing many doubts.