[Nix-dev] environment.allowedLicenses ?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Jan 21 20:56:44 CET 2015

Hi,

today I heard that in Gentoo one has the ability to specify licenses
which are okay for the system and licenses which are "blacklisted" and
packages with that licenses shouldn't be installed.

Despite this is true for Gentoo or not, this would be a really cool
feature for NixOS and I think a lot of people (a lot of GNU people,
actually) would be attracted by this feature!

Is this possible with Nix(OS)? If yes, would you guys like such a feature?
If yes,... maybe I can implement it (with enough guidance, though)...

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,

Proudly sent with mutt.