[Nix-dev] [Haskell NG] Equivalent of the old eval "$configurePhase" && eval "$buildPhase" && eval "$checkPhase" ?

Mateusz Kowalczyk fuuzetsu at fuuzetsu.co.uk
Thu Jan 22 19:59:44 CET 2015

On 01/22/2015 05:52 PM, Mateusz Kowalczyk wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Before haskell-ng my workflow to check that everything is OK in a
> package was to nix-shell and run the above commands. I could also
> rebuild and run tests again that way but apparently that no longer
> works: even Setup file is no longer compiled. ‘genericBuild’ only works
> for installations which is not what I'm after.
>
> What's the new in-shell workflow?

It was suggested that I should ghc --make Setup and Setup
configure/build/test but for expression given at the bottom, it fails:

[nix-shell:~/programming/haddock]$ ./Setup configure

Configuring haddock-2.16.0...
Setup: At least the following dependencies are missing:
haddock-api ==2.16.0

but nix-building the package works fine.

Expr:

[nix-shell:~/programming/haddock]$ cat default.nix
{ mkDerivation, base, Cabal, directory, filepath, haddock-api
, process, stdenv
}:
mkDerivation {
  pname = "haddock";
  version = "2.16.0";
  src = /home/shana/programming/haddock;
  isLibrary = false;
  isExecutable = true;
  buildDepends = [ base haddock-api ];
  testDepends = [ base Cabal directory filepath process ];
  preCheck = "unset GHC_PACKAGE_PATH";
  homepage = "http://www.haskell.org/haddock/";
  description = "A documentation-generation tool for Haskell libraries";
  license = stdenv.lib.licenses.bsd3;
  maintainers = with stdenv.lib.maintainers; [ fuuzetsu ];
}

--
Mateusz K.