[Nix-dev] A Journey into the Haskell NG infrastructure: Part I

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Fri Jan 23 13:58:06 CET 2015

Hi Luke,

 > How difficult would it be to track a different repository? Say, Stackage?

Simply replace the current contents of "defaultPackageOverrides" in [1] with
the choices from [2], run "hackage2nix", and then you'll have a package set
that corresponds to Stackage.

Alternatively, we could add the Stackage package list to "extraPackages" [3]
and create a "pkgs/development/haskell-modules/configuration-stackage.nix"
file that overrides the default attributes with the ones from Stackage.

I intend to make these package choices configurable instead of hard-coding
them in the binary, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Best regards,
Peter

[1] http://www.stackage.org/lts/cabal.config
[2] https://github.com/NixOS/cabal2nix/blob/d28596b492ef4321a0bbf27de31820b6ae15f76f/src/hackage2nix.hs#L234-237