[Nix-dev] Current path to installing on Raspberry Pi?

Jeff Johnson jefdaj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 24 04:44:06 CET 2015

OK I'm a little lost. The shell is doing something weird, but I'm not sure
what. When I `_NIXOS_REBUILD_REEXEC=1 nixos-rebuild switch`, it says:

/run/current-system/sw/bin/nixos-rebuild: like 141:
/root/.nix-profile/bin/nix-instantiate: cannot execute binary file
building the system configuration...
/root/.nix-profile/bin/nix-build: line 3: user: command not found
... that repeats for each line up to 18 ...

If I try to run nix-instantiate directly it has the same "cannot execute
binary file" error, which means it's mistakenly being interpreted by bash
too right? I tried `perl $(which nixos-rebuild) switch`, but same error.

The other thing I tried is looking for older builds. Somebody reported
being able to upgrade to 13.10 in September, so if I take a build of nix
from then maybe it'll still work. But I can't find the armv6l ones listed
anywhere on the hydra site. Is it possible to find them without knowing the
hash URL already?
Jeff