[Nix-dev] A few questions about ARM support and NixOS on a Chromebook

Lluís Batlle i Rossell viric at viric.name
Fri Jan 30 16:19:49 CET 2015

I have the busybox.. but that's not enough.

Eelco updated the bootstrap tools in the 29th of October, but I cannot find why.
The new bootstrap tools include different binaries.

Eelco updated the stdenv scripts to accomodate the new tools, but without
updating arm or mips tools, hence breaking them. One approach could have been to
have kept the old stdenv scripts for arm/mips.

Can anyone point me to the reasons of the change, so I can try to work in that
same direction? Or restore old bootstrap tools scripts.

Regards,
Lluís.

--
PGP key D4831A8A - https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/