[Nix-dev] HaskellNG and priority

Richard Wallace rwallace at thewallacepack.net
Sat Jan 31 05:24:45 CET 2015

So I'm having an issue with converting a package to the new
haskellngPackages.  When I try and install it, I get a collision error

Jan 31 04:08:27 mpac-9 service_mpac_hiberico.dev.internal.atlassian.com:
collision between
‘/nix/store/w0h5i10nvrydh6q91rnn7mj5bbnwg7p2-haskell-hiberico-1/bin/hiberico’
and
‘/nix/store/ddd3mcz71zchg7iyjg71dcsd1pbl00qv-haskell-hiberico-ghc7.8.3-1-shared/bin/hiberico’;
use ‘nix-env --set-flag priority NUMBER PKGNAME’ to change the priority of
one of the conflicting packages

I thought I could set the new package to a higher priority by adding
`hiPrio` to the nix expression I use with nix-build

with (import <nixpkgs> {}).pkgs;
with (import <nixpkgs/pkgs/development/haskell-modules/lib.nix> { inherit
pkgs; });

let modifiedHaskellPackages = haskellngPackages.override {
    overrides = self: super: {
      AesonBson = self.callPackage nixpkgs/AesonBson {};
      hiberico-ui = self.callPackage ./ui {};

      hiberico = self.callPackage ./. {};
    };
  };
in hiPrio (modifiedHaskellPackages.hiberico)

But when I use nix-copy-closure to copy the resulting nix store path and
install it with `nix-env -i`, I still get the above collision error.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Rich