[Nix-dev] nixOS not installing using graphical iso

Tony Su tonysu at su-networking.com
Mon Mar 2 20:41:32 CET 2015

Sure 'nuff that fixed it...
I modified my config file to point Grub to be installed on /dev/sda/
instead of /dev/sda2.
I wonder if that might pose an issue if there were multiple suitable
formatted partitions on the same disk or if the installer knows how to
find the proper partition automatically.

Additional minor bug which should be corrected in the nixOS Manual...

When presented with the KDE login for the first time (because I
specified enabling KDE in my config file), the root credentials
created by the nixOS install are not accepted (Apparently a KDE policy
which prevents root login to the graphical environment).
So, from that same KDE login, dropped down to the console login where
I was able to login as root and create an ordinary User.
Then, rebooted and logged in with the "normal" User account.
I rebooted because I was unable to start KDE from the command line.
The install iso command "start display-manager" did not work, and I
tried "startkde" Didn't try "startx" which I think was obsoleted by
KDE years ago.

Looking great so far!
Now, time to explore....

Tony