[Nix-dev] per project env conf

Catonano catonano at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 13:29:46 CET 2015

> I think I figured it out. Here are the steps to get stable nixpkgs:
>
> ~~~~
> $ nix-channel --remove nixos
> $ nix-channel --remove nixpkgs
> $ nix-channel --add https://nixos.org/channels/nixos-14.12 nixos
> $ nix-channel --update

At this stage the contents of ~/.nix-defexpr/channels/ is like this

$ ls -lha .nix-defexpr/channels/
totale 216K
dr-xr-xr-x.   2 catonano catonano 4,0K  1 gen  1970 .
drwxrwxr-x. 409 catonano catonano 204K  3 mar 12.14 ..
lrwxrwxrwx.   1 catonano catonano   60  1 gen  1970 manifest.nix ->
/nix/store/w213f...-env-manif

notice the date on the . folder. How did it ended up being like that ?

Anyway, with these contents the next step

$ ln -s ~/.nix-defexpr/channels/nixos/nixpkgs ~/.nix-defexpr/nixpkgs

is not possible.

It's not that important, anyway: I can reinstall all from scratch. It's
just to let you know.

> $ export NIX_PATH=nixpkgs=$HOME/.nix-defexpr/nixpkgs
> ~~~~
>
> And the last step is to put the last line (`export
> NIX_PATH=nixpkgs=$HOME/.nix-defexpr/nixpkgs`) into `~/.profile` or
> something like that.
>
> After this your original `shell.nix` should work without modifications I
> suggested in my previous message.

Thanks ;-)