[Nix-dev] How do I install firefox nightly or any other program that gets daily updates?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 23:59:01 CET 2015

On 6 March 2015 at 23:33, CodeHero <codehero at nerdpol.ch> wrote:
> Okay. I tried patching the firefox-bin with "patchelf --set-interpreter
> ${glibc}/lib/ld-linux.so firefox-bin" before using nix-build, but the "does
> not exist" message still appears.
>
> Using "${glibc}/lib/ld-linux.so ..." just results in "bash:
> /lib/ld-linux.so: No such file or directory"

Oh, did you run those commands directly (and unaltered) in a shell? It
was meant more like pseudo-code. Sorry for not being clear. ${glibc}
should refer to the the nix store path of the glibc derivation. In a
standard shell, ${glibc} most likely expands to nothing. Which
obviously does not result in a valid path :-)

Use "nix-build -A glibc '<nixpkgs>'" in a shell to get the store path
of glibc. With some command substitution you can probably make a
one-liner to fixup the prebuilt binary.

- Bjørn