[Nix-dev] How to install libsigsegv bypasing doCheck

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Sun Mar 8 22:32:46 CET 2015

On 03/08/2015 09:30 PM, Anderson Torres wrote:
> Well, maybe it would be a very newbie question, but I am not being
> able to upgrade unstable channel on my machine, because of libsigsegv
> checking phase is stuck.

The problem was discussed here and the checks are disabled somewhere,
only the fix (evidently) hasn't got into the channel yet (besides the
fact it's supposed to be fixed in some kernel version).

> How can I update configuration.nix in order to override/bypass doCheck
> on libsigsegv?

I think it should work to have packageOverrides with overrideDerivation
on libsigsegv to doCheck = false;
See second code section for a similar example:
https://nixos.org/wiki/Nix_Modifying_Packages#Creating_a_config.nix_File

Vladimir