[Nix-dev] Qt Oxygen style in nixpkgs

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 17:11:51 CET 2015

I noticed a strange thing: Qt applications that I installed from nixpkgs
look differently from (the same) applications installed by the native
package manager.

I started playing with `qtconfig`. What I can’t understand is whenever I
run `qtconfig` from the nix store, I can’t choose Oxygen as GUI style. To
be more precise, I can choose it, but the “save” button becomes disabled.
I’m sure this is the reason applications look differently: I can choose any
other style and then the looks of applications will match. I can also
choose (and save) Oxygen with my distro’s `qtconfig` and in this case
distro’s Qt applications will use Oxygen and those installed form nixpkgs
probably fallback to some default.

What’s wrong with Oxygen in nixpkgs? I’m not 100% sure, but I think I had
no problems with Oxygen when running NixOS.