[Nix-dev] [haskell-ng] nix-shell mass rebuild

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Tue Mar 31 22:20:02 CEST 2015

YCH <dontdieych at gmail.com> writes:

 > $ cat /etc/nix/nix.conf
 > extra-binary-caches = http://hydra.nixos.org http://hydra.cryp.to

 > Why updates are not in binary-caches?

Both of these servers compile Haskell packages relative to the 'master'
branch of Nixpkgs. The 'nixos-unstable' channel has been lagging behind
'master' for a while now. My guess is that these packages you'd like to
retrieve have been garbage collected a while ago and are no longer
available.

Generally speaking, it feels a little extreme to call a rebuild of 80
packages a "mass rebuild". I don't know what kind of hardware you're
working on, but a modern machine should easily compile those packages
within a couple of minutes.

Best regards,
Peter