[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs [haskell] overlay

Kirill Elagin kirelagin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 08:21:06 CEST 2015

You can override haskellPackages [almost] just like other nixpkgs pkgs.
Something like:

~~~~
    haskellngPackages = pkgs_.haskellngPackages.override {
      overrides = self: super: {
        your-package = …
      };
    };
~~~~

(This goes to `packageOverrides` as always.)

On Wed, Sep 2, 2015 at 5:23 AM Manuel Pages <amarr.industrial at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hey, beautiful people!
>
> For our own packages (WIP ones and private), we'd like to inject our own
> stuff into
> haskellPackages by means of an overlay, maintained as a [git] repository.
> We want solution to be as transparent as possible while not being a fork
> of nixpkgs.
> We imagine some module that reexports pkgs and //s it with a set of
> injected
> packages, but there's quite a machinery in haskell-modules/default.nix
> which I'd like
> not to copy-paste into our overlay.
>
> Do you do something along this lines? How'd you attack such a problem?

Кирилл Елагин