[Nix-dev] Nixpkgs [haskell] overlay

Manuel Pages amarr.industrial at gmail.com
Wed Sep 2 14:10:28 CEST 2015

Dear Kirill and Peter,

first of all, thank you sincerely for your replies.

I am aware of both options, sadly they don't fit our needs as is.

What we aim for is something akin to wavewave's overlay for
High Energy Physics-related nix expressions, but injecting into
haskellPackages. Bundled and maintained as a git repository

That being said, I presume that it is a reasonable idea to simply
write an expression that will define an overlay "configuration.nix",
merge it together with user's configuration.nix and shove the result
of x // y into ``config`` field of all-packages expression.

Any reasons why not to do it like this?