[Nix-dev] [UTILS] nixos-scripts - version 0.2 released

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Wed Sep 9 10:44:30 CEST 2015

Hi NixOS community!

I released v0.2 of nixos-scripts yesterday.

nixos-scripts is a set of scripts to handle several things in NixOS.
For example, you can update your machine and generate a tag in your
configuration directory in just one step. You can update package
definitions in your local clone of nixpkgs and test build them in one
step by passing an URL from monitor.nixos.org
(which is down atm, I know :-/ ). Several other utilities are included
as well.

This release includes several improvements and new features:

    * The "switch" command
        * Includes your hostname in the generated tag by default
        * generates no longer annotated tags
        * can do all the things while not doing nixos-rebuild
        * can tag the local clone of nixpkgs if you want
        * does "switch" by default, "test" or "boot" (or others)
          can be passed as arguments

    * The "update-package-def" command
        * got a flag for not checking out a new branch
        * got a flag for not switching back to the original branch
          after the update was committed

    * Less output for the user (-v verbosity flag)
    * More output for the developer (-d debugging flag)

    * config-file support - you can put several things in
      ~/.nix-script.rc

    * Channel tools - tools for handling nix-channel things.
        * diffing channel generations
        * switching channel generations
        * listing channel generations

I also wrote a bit about this release on my blog[1].

You are very welcome to test it out, report bugs and of course,
feedback is welcome, too.

[1]: https://beyermatthias.de/blog/2015/09/08/nixos-scripts-version-0-2/

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,