[Nix-dev] How do I install nslookup?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 11:10:49 CEST 2015

On 09/09/2015 11:01 AM, Yasuaki Kudo wrote:
> Thank you - in general, how do I search for a package that contains
> the program desired?

That's why I showed how the command-not-found hook works. You can also
run explicitly $ command-not-found nslookup

> In addition, if I install bind, how do I disable the service (as I am
> only interested in nslookup)?

Installing by systemPackages or nix-env never automagically adds
services. Those are separate -- if you want a service, you set
services.foo.enable = true; and don't need to "install" it in any way.

Vladimir