[Nix-dev] Logo improvement ideas

Nicolas Pierron nicolas.b.pierron at gmail.com
Fri Sep 11 20:37:02 CEST 2015

Instead of giving 4 choices for each logo, you should ask to rank the logo.
Also, I would love to have more choices.

For example, I think the hex logo would be nicer with the weight of
the straight lambda.

Maybe instead of asking for specific logo, we could ask for different
details, such as the thickness (small, medium, large, Huge) of the
lambda, or the ending
 (round like the old one, surround-circle, surround-hex,
surround-tangent), and the space between the lambda (no space, tiny,
huge), the color of the lambda (uniform, feature, half), and the the
shade and the colors.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 4:14 PM, Tim Cuthbertson <tim at gfxmonk.net> wrote:
> I've now updated this form with the remaining options, so I think it
> is nearly ready to go.
>
> I'll let it stew for a few days in case anyone has suggestions for
> improvement before we start collecting results, but does anyone know
> who we'd talk to to get a link somewhere official (twitter / planet /
> etc)?
>
> On Fri, Sep 11, 2015 at 9:03 PM, Oliver Charles <ollie at ocharles.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 10, 2015 at 1:35 PM Tim Cuthbertson <tim at gfxmonk.net> wrote:
>>>
>>> If nobody authoritative wants to set up a poll, I can certainly do one :)
>>> I'm a little bit busy at the moment, but as long as we're not in a
>>> hurry...
>>>
>>> To prevent overwhelming people with options, and after letting these
>>> stew for a little while, I'd be happy to limit choices to:
>>>
>>> * shapes: just circle and hex. I think circle is strictly better than
>>> "straight", and I think "slant" is too disorganised / unclean to be a
>>> winner.
>>>
>>> * colours: "feature" and "half". The plain versions are probably too
>>> boring to bother with.
>>>
>>> So that only leaves 4 proposals, across those two axis. I can include
>>> more if people think it's worth it, but I don't want to overwhelm.
>>>
>>> I've made a start here:
>>>

>>> https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1oMKuPCIz5bmUokrN6mllYpIDH7cmVQTzuZAcUdGH1HM/viewform
>>

>> Looks like a step in the right direction! I can't think of anything else I'd
>> add.

Nicolas Pierron
http://www.linkedin.com/in/nicolasbpierron - http://nbp.name/