[Nix-dev] Haskell: Stackage and Nix

Nikita Karetnikov nikita at karetnikov.org
Sat Sep 12 23:36:32 CEST 2015

> Hi! I am also interested in handling Stackage packages with NixOS. I
> personally think that NixOS itself does all the things Stackage do and
> more. Unfortunately, I am to build several existing projects which use
> Stackage and not Nix.
>
> Nikita, are you going to patch Stack with patchelf or construct a
> chroot env instead?

I haven't thought about it much.  I needed it for the project I was
working on, but now it's not a priority for me.

FWIW, stack works okay-ish on NixOS.  You just have to switch the
compiler version to avoid running stack setup and install system libs
with nix-env whenever stack build complains.

I could probably join the effort, but I don't really know where to
start since I have no deep knowledge of either project.