[Nix-dev] ghc --enable-multi-instance, the end of cabal hell ?

Peter Simons simons at cryp.to
Sat Sep 19 22:55:53 CEST 2015

Hi Miguel,

 > Could the infrastructure used for this in ghc help in nixos?

my understanding is that these patches solve a problem that we don't have in
Nix. We can build any number of variants of the same library and install all of
them next to each other just fine. The --enable-multi-instance feature is
important mostly for people who want to manage one big (system-wide) registry
of known packages, but we don't do that in Nix.

Best regards,
Peter