[Nix-dev] What license does the content of the nixos wiki and the manuals have?

Eelco Dolstra eelco.dolstra at logicblox.com
Fri Sep 25 12:58:14 CEST 2015

Hi,

On 25/09/15 12:50, Kirill Elagin wrote:

> I’d like to also point out another problem.
> In case some of contributors do not agree to the new terms, how are we going to
> delete their contributions? My understanding is that simply deleting the content
> in question from the page is not enough, it’s wiki actually. We’ll have to see
> how, for example, Wikipedia deals with this kind of issues, I’m sure they often
> have to remove copyrighted content.

You can always nuke a page along with history.

However, an alternative to relicensing is to combine it with a move to a
different Wiki, which many people have wanted in the past anyway. For instance,
we could set up a GitHub wiki, and people could copy their own contributions to
the new wiki. The new wiki should of course have a license from the start.

--
Eelco Dolstra | LogicBlox, Inc. | http://nixos.org/~eelco/