[Nix-dev] NixOS-Wiki alternative. Was: What license does the content of the nixos wiki and the manuals have?

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 16:41:00 CEST 2015

On 09/25/2015 04:28 PM, Matthias Beyer wrote:
> and 1GB installation, as you mentioned.
>
> I used Jekyll because I don't know Haskell (I know a bit, but not
> enough) and I can see that haskell puts off a lot of people just
> because it is different. [...]

I believe we can work around those as follows: compile the generator
statically. Consequently, for people that don't change our generator
code, only a few-megabyte executable would be downloaded from Hydra and
it would be used to generate the pages. Most wiki contributors will
never (need to) touch any (Haskell) code.

Vladimir