[Nix-dev] NixOS-Wiki alternative. Was: What license does the content of the nixos wiki and the manuals have?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Fri Sep 25 17:12:53 CEST 2015

On 25-09-2015 17:07:23, Vladimír Čunát wrote:

> The point is you won't have to use github. Just edit files in your local
> checkout and commit it. For creating a PR you maybe do need it (though
> the CLI interface probably can do that as well), but that's much more of
> concern for the main nixpkgs code, not the wiki...

That's right.

> If people aren't much against Hakyll, I'll have a closer look during and
> hopefully get a prototype during the weekend. I can maintain that
> Haskell code long-term, if you like.

Effort has already been made[0] (not hakyll though) and my template is
basically usable! - I mean, if you want to, do so. And of course, I
will maintain everything, including the wiki if we decide to do it my
way (and I accept patches via mail as well).

[0]: https://github.com/matthiasbeyer/wiki.template/tree/transform-to-jekyll

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,