[Nix-dev] NixOS-Wiki alternative. Was: What license does the content of the nixos wiki and the manuals have?

Matthias Beyer mail at beyermatthias.de
Sat Sep 26 00:07:19 CEST 2015

On 25-09-2015 20:58:36, Nicolas Pierron wrote:

> Also, I wanted to mention that Github offers an option for modifying
> pages without even cloning the repository on your computer.  Which
> makes this approach less painful for making contributions.
>
> https://help.github.com/articles/editing-files-in-your-repository/

Indeed.

> I am sure that a review process is good for the quality and
> consistency of the wiki, but we should *clearly* document how people
> can contribute to the wiki:
>  - Open an issue for the lack of documentation
>  - Use the ACE editor to edit pages online and submit pull requests
>  - Clone the repository to edit and preview pages locally.
>
> Also, I think that having an issue tracker to highlight the lack of
> documentation is a really good idea.

I agree. I wanted to create a new organization for this and publish
the repository on the organizations account and github page.

Something like github.com/nixos-wiki

or something similar. I explicitely want _not_ to include the wiki in
the "normal" nixos account.

--
Mit freundlichen Grüßen,
Kind regards,