[Nix-dev] Using chromium from nixpkgs on non-NixOS

Christopher Rooney christopher.j.rooney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 23:42:42 CEST 2015

You can also run chromium with --no-sandbox, which pops up a warning.
Whether this is safer than setuid-ing the sandboxer is your call, but I do
it because I imagine chown-ing and chmod-ing the sandboxer will screw up
nix updates.

(aszlig, sorry to double hit you.)

On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 3:02 PM, aszlig <aszlig at redmoonstudios.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 28, 2015 at 09:21:16AM -0700, Richard Wallace wrote:
> > Is there a workaround for this?
>
> The reason for this is that the sandbox binary either needs to be setuid
> root (not recommended) or you need to enable CONFIG_USER_NS in your
> kernel (which is the case on NixOS kernels) in order to allow the
> sandbox to setup a chroot environment and additional namespaces.
>
> a!
> --
> aszlig
> Universal dilettante

"Context" is the mother of prevarication.
-- Ken White