[Nix-dev] Help with setup php xdebug

4levels 4levels at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 09:52:35 CEST 2015

Dear Nix Devs,

I'm somewhat struggling to enable the php-xdebug extension in php.
I did manage to get the extension installed but the php interpreter itself
seems to ignore its existence.

I did find some topics on this and as a workaround I could specify a custom
php-ini file but I was wondering if there is no better way.  Shouldn't just
installing the php-package xdebug also enable it by default?

I'm not using apache but nginx with php-fpm as webserver so the httpd
options seem unusable.  I also can't seem to add options to php in the
php-fpm pool config, to load the extension and set some xdebug params.

Any advice on how to go about this?  I'd love to see php compiled with
xdebug so I can use the phpunit code coverage reports.

So php with xdebug - how to?

Kind regards,

Erik