[Nix-dev] Perl -> C++

Jakob Gillich jakob at gillich.me
Sat Jan 2 11:41:50 CET 2016

Nix doesn't have to be rewritten at once; you can rewrite the Perl stuff
in Rust and call them from C++ code via a C interface[1]. This is what
Mozilla does in Firefox, which is also mostly C++. So the question
should be, do we want to get rid of C++ in the long term?

[1]: https://doc.rust-lang.org/book/ffi.html