[Nix-dev] Some hints for Perl -> C++ translation?

Mateusz Czaplinski czapkofan at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 00:13:03 CET 2016

(Re-posting a part of my earlier post, as it got lost in the discussion of
secondary issues.)

I've seen the https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/341 issue. I'm a total
newbie to Nix, and I'd like to try learning the codebase by contributing to
this issue. Could anybody possibly help me kickstart on that by giving some
hints towards:
  - how I might try to setup a dev environment for that, ideally in NixOS?
  - where in the codebase can I find some "main entry point" to "core nix
functionalities"?
  - what would you suggest I start translating first? (which .pm files) I'm
open to all suggestions, including "hard but very useful" ones, as well as
"easy but close to useless".

I'd be grateful for help!

Thanks,
/Mateusz.