[Nix-dev] non-"dynamic-only" GHC

Taeer Bar-Yam tb442 at cornell.edu
Tue Jan 5 20:54:22 CET 2016

Hi Peter,
That's very good to know; thanks for the reply.
I thought it was the same issue because I am getting the same "No rule to
make target Prelude.hi needed by Main.o" message, and this is the only
thing I found online that explains it. I haven't been able to reach anybody
on #ghc, but maybe I should try again. Do you know any other reasons I
might be getting this message? It seems like an odd one; I'm not sure why
any makefiles/rules would be missing.

As a side note, I seem to have to run ./configure with a bunch of options
like --with-curses-includes=/run/current-system/sw/include, since GHC
apparently doesn't know where to look for these things. Did you have to do
this when you built GHC? It seems that usually nixos takes care of this for
me, but for some reason didn't here.
  --Taeer