[Nix-dev] Flattening pkgs tree in nixpkgs/pkgs

Daniel Peebles pumpkingod at gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 14:53:49 CET 2016

Adding another -1 to flattening all directories. I think the
categories/directories could make more sense than they do today, and that
all-packages.nix should be abolished (use builtins.readDir by default and a
manual overrides file where necessary), but throwing away all structure
because it isn't perfect seems excessive. I personally have found browsing
the folders quite informative, even if sometimes it's unclear where a new
package belongs.