[Nix-dev] Flattening pkgs tree in nixpkgs/pkgs

Roger Qiu roger.qiu at matrix.ai
Mon Jan 11 22:30:11 CET 2016

+1 on the meta tags concept if we had a new nix tool that wrapped around
find or used a cached index that could show all packages related to a
particular tag. The cached index could be auto generated on each release or
each commit? Or just generated at installation when a user installs Nix.

Committing new tags can be constrained using pull-request bots that check
against an existing index of tags.

Browsing the nixpkgs directory is a user experience issue for me.