[Nix-dev] Nix-Store sharing (with NFS + AUFS)?

Wout Mertens wout.mertens at gmail.com
Sat Jan 16 19:41:30 CET 2016

I looked into what would be needed to have multiple writers on the same
store here: https://github.com/NixOS/nix/issues/378#issuecomment-62724778

The same would apply for aufs-type multi writer setups.

The tl;dr is that Nix would need to treat sqlite as only a cache, with all
needed info written in the store, and that Eelco didn't like the idea :-)

I still would love to have this, the store is at the mercy of a single file
right now…

Wout.
(typed on mobile, excuse terseness)