[Nix-dev] Notes and ideas about the Nix-UI proposal

Vladimír Čunát vcunat at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 23:00:29 CET 2016

On 01/25/2016 06:26 PM, Oliver Charles wrote:
> If you change that to `/channels/nixpkgs`, then I believe nix-env -iA
> pythonPackages.ipython will just work.

IMO the real question/point is what behavior should be the default.
Putting nixpkgs (or nixos) or similar prefixes in front of every package
name can be cumbersome, I believe.

Of course, it's possible that most people use multiple channels
similarly often or even multiple channels in the same nix-env command,
but I expect such use cases to be relatively rare.

--Vladimir