[Nix-dev] [Fixed?] Re: environment in systemd services

Arnold Krille arnold at arnoldarts.de
Sat Jan 30 17:29:54 CET 2016

Hi all,

I kind of fixed it. I played around with the duply config, but that
didn't really change anything.

Then I went back to getting fcron installed and sending emails. And
there I encountered the same problem with the same backtrace with the
empty error message!

So there seems to be something different between the system environment
and roots login shell. So I started not `duply amazon status` but `bash
-l -c "duply amazon status"`, thus running duply in roots login shell.
And now it works! Both when run in cron and when run in its own system
service!

I am not sure if this is the right solution, but at least I got some
backups working now.

As soon as I add backups to a local disk I will check again if duply
can't run with the system environment…

Have fun,

Arnold