[Nix-dev] Intermittent Blank Screen upon Opening Laptop Lid

Roger Qiu roger.qiu at matrix.ai
Fri Jul 1 15:10:28 CEST 2016

Hi Nixers,

I discovered this problem a while ago, basically upon closing the lid
and reopening it after 10 min, the screen stays blank, and I can't do
anything. Even switching to tty1 doesn't work.

This doesn't always happen. And when I close the lid and reopen after a
few seconds, it usually works and displays something.

What are the steps that I can take to debug this issue.

It was happening back on NixOS 15.09. and is continuing on 16.03.

I'm running NVIDIA and using NVIDIA video card driver.

Thanks,

Roger

--
Founder of Matrix AI