[Nix-dev] How to fix corrupt .drv files in nix store?

Bjørn Forsman bjorn.forsman at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 17:31:20 CEST 2016

On 5 July 2016 at 17:21, Vladimír Čunát <vcunat at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 07/05/2016 05:18 PM, Bjørn Forsman wrote:
>> And, as you saw above, "sudo nix-store --verify --repair
>> --check-contents" didn't fix it.
>>
>> Any suggestions?
>
> Why not just remove the *.drv files? (GC them)

I initially tried to, with "nix-store --delete FILE.drv". But Nix
complained that they were "live". Now I used more force, "nix-store
--delete --ignore-liveness FILE.drv" and it seems to work. But isn't
it a bit "lucky" that the files weren't in use? According to the
nix-store man page, --ignore-liveness will be ignored if the path is
referred to by other paths.

- Bjørn