[Nix-dev] Packaging free software that costs money

Profpatsch mail at profpatsch.de
Thu Jul 7 00:10:41 CEST 2016

On 16-07-07 03:12am, Jookia wrote:
> Is this going to be the Nix software store?

No, but we should strife to enable developers however we can.
We are only gathering stuff others gratiously provide us access
to, after all.

I think this goes further.
Once we have e.g. donation info in nixpkgs, we can decentrally
do stuff like Flattr, without need for a third party.
With an interface for donation/payment as microformat
(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microformat) even the step
of actual payment can be further automated.
Definitely the right direction if you ask me.

Well, apart from scrapping money altogether, but that’s
a discussion for another day. :)

--
Proudly written in Mutt with Vim on NixOS.
A: http://five.sentenc.es