[Nix-dev] Packaging free software that costs money

Teo Klestrup teozkr at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 12:55:43 CEST 2016

The precedent I've seen in most other distributions (both Ubuntu and Arch
in the case of Ardour) has been to just package it like any other GPL
software.

If that's not enough then I suppose a (somewhat ineffective) alternative
would be to require a honor code flag that you've paid for it, somewhat
similarly to allowUnfree.