[Nix-dev] nix on the corporate world (no direct internet access)

Azul mail at azulinho.com
Fri Jul 8 12:56:22 CEST 2016

Hey all,

So I am using nix on one of those nasty corp network environments, where
not even DNS works and everything needs to go through the corporate proxy.

The proxy is slow, a lot of URLs are blocked down as 'gambling' (just try
to download a jenkins plugin !!) and using tooling like cntlm is hard, as
it hangs more often than not on load.

in my production environment, I won't have internet access so I need to
install nix packages from a on-premises repository.

So we're looking into caching the nix packages we consume through a remote
repository in artifactory (which can get much friendlier 'red tape' in
accessing the outside world).

My question, is has anyone done this ?
would a silly url like http://artifactory/remote_nix/file_paths invalidate
the hydra cache and force all packages to be built locally ?

-azul