[Nix-dev] Pinning nixpkgs on unstable channel: retention of cached packages

Maarten Hoogendoorn maarten at moretea.nl
Tue Jul 12 14:28:57 CEST 2016

Good to know. I expected that something like this would be the case.

The context is that I'm doing some performance benchmarks of kafka and
kafka running on top of mesos, and would like to have a 100% reproducible
setup that I can give to our client. I guess that in theory, I could export
the closures of the nixops machines and store them somewhere, but that's
probably overkill :)

Thanks!