[Nix-dev] Override systemd service definition generated by nixos service

Rickard Nilsson rickard.nilsson at telia.com
Wed Jul 13 15:02:29 CEST 2016

Hi,

On 07/13/2016 02:27 PM, Maarten Hoogendoorn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have to make some other derivations visible to mesos, and the jdk in
> particular.
>
> What would be the best way forward: to override the mesos package, or
> the service?
> Alternatively, I could create a wrapper derivation (mesos-with-jdk), and
> make the package used by the mesos service configurable.
>
> I'd like to hear your thoughts about these options.

In what sense should jdk be available to mesos? Like, in the PATH? If
so, you could just add this to your config:

  services.mesos-master.path = [ pkgs.jdk ];

(and do the same to any other mesos services needing jdk)

If this is not something that is specific to your environment, I suggest
opening a PR.

  / Rickard